Program Course of Study
@TEACH QUEST Global meets not only the critical need for teachers of culturally, linguistically, and academically diverse students in Texas, but also meets the needs of talented, potential professionals who may find themselves searching for service jobs.
Preparing teachers for the high-stakes performance on the TExES and in the classroom (TEKS & STAAR), the TEACH curriculum focuses on an integrated and developmental learning process. The interdisciplinary nature of the TEACH curriculum conforms to the required state standards. @ TQ Global Professors weave the specific competencies of each certificate area through each portal course.
Program Hours Offered
Course of study framed by three delivery systems:
- A virtual classroom delivered through the Internet by tqportal.com. Surf the TEACH Portal through entrance in “Updates” (see left column). Or email Dr. Quintanilla.
TEACH delivers the curriculum through a Suite of Courses developed by college professors and master teachers. Framed on the brain-based research, instructors connect candidates to what Katz and Rubin (1999) coined as Neurobics, the new science of brain exercise. The authors present a deliberate allusion to physical exercise. Neurobics, however, refers to exercising different brain areas rather than different muscle groups. Generally, schools tend to favor left-brain modes of thinking while downplaying the right-brain ones. Program proposes to shift the learning paradigm, guiding candidates through techniques using both sides of the brain, a more whole-brained orientation.
SURF Through a Sampling of @TEACH QUEST Global Courses
Interested in surfing through several TEACH Program courses? Please email Dr. Q, directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Course of Study
offers research-based, best practices training in the following areas:
- foundations of reading and writing, and reading and writing in the content area.
- classroom management and organization.
- methodology specific to their certification area and in generic topics including lesson design, lesson cycle, assessment, brain-based strategies.
- test-taking methods, tutoring for TExES.
- TEKS curriculum.
- interdisciplinary approaches to delivering social studies, science, mathematics, fine arts, and physical education.
- technology application & resource for the classroom.
- Course Topics available for TExES Tutoring, CPE & Waiver-Hrs
|ACC 1101||Education Overview|
|ACC 1152||Technological Resources|
|ACC 1153||Classroom Management|
|ACC 1204||Reading Focus|
|ACC 1155||Diverse Learner|
|ACC 1156||Special Population|
|ACC 2157||Assessment Tools|
*Each Core Course is the equivalent of a 45 clock hr, university MWF class. Completion of course depends on time available to devote to the course, speed of acquiring concepts of course, & reading fluency rate.